Our CSR mission
Our Make the Connection mission is to be the most socially responsible organisation in the UK debt industry. We will do this by focusing on five key areas:
1. Fairness: making sure that consumers in financial arrears are treated fairly
Using data to make informed decisions about recovering money owed is at the heart of what TDX Group does. Our technology has been built to provide trusted data, gathered from multiple sources, and to deliver it as a single view of individuals and their financial circumstances. We believe this is the only way that businesses can treat their customers fairly and appropriately.
Because we work with industry regulators, we identify the most effective ways of recovering money which helps both the consumer pay off their debts if they can, and the creditor receive their money back in a suitable timeframe.
From stopping unnecessary calls and letters, to getting in touch with consumers in a more appropriate way (and even at the right time of day), to identifying those people who need additional support because they are in significant debt to multiple creditors – we help those in debt and creditors have a better relationship with each other.
2. Fundraising: raising money for a wide range of charities, especially those in the Nottingham and East Midlands area
Our colleagues raise money for a wide range of charities that are close to their hearts (we fundraise for around 40 charities each year), but with a particular focus on the Nottingham and local area.
TDX Group's partner charity, Children's Bereavement Centre
Each year we have one partner charity, a charity of the year and weekly charity office collections where colleagues can collect for a charity of their choice. Fundraising is split between the partner charity and charity of the year with the partner charity receiving 85%.
In 2020 our charity partner remains The Children's Bereavement Centre and our charity of the year is Bloomin' Dementia. Our fundraising numbers over the years speak for themselves:
3. People: by respecting and supporting the needs of our colleagues
We believe in paying fairly, so we are a Living Wage employer. There are over 4,200 Living Wage employers; we are proud to be one of them.
We also respect everyone's need for flexibility at times, and understand that work-life balance is important. Over the years we have helped our colleagues with:
- Flexible and part-time working
- Phased return to work programmes after maternity leave or illness
- Colleague sabbaticals
- Working abroad
4. Environment: by respecting and tending to the needs of our natural environment with our time and services
Our environment is vitally important to our well-being, whether it is the environment in which we work, or live. At TDX Group we are committed to creating a healthy work environment. We also help our community by giving our time - see volunteering for more information.
Our offices include:
- Recycling and waste segregation.
- Energy efficient lighting with auto brightness and movement sensors.
- Timer controlled air conditioning with auto shut-off and out of hours shut-off.
- Energy Star qualified computers.
- Natural light.
- Break out rooms and outside terraces for relaxing and meetings.
- We have a cycle to work scheme and provide secure cycle racks, showers and lockers.
- On the first Monday of the month we provide free fruit in the office.
- Every Friday we have free massages for colleagues.
5. Volunteering: helping others with our time and expertise
Volunteering has been a part of the TDX Group ethos from the outset. We give every colleague two days of paid leave a year to volunteer and many colleagues have chosen to use this time at a charity close to their heart. We also take part in formal volunteering programmes.
Volunteering at Radcliffe Animal Centre
We undertake activities such as:
- Financial education sessions in primary and secondary schools.
- Running ‘chocolate bar challenge’ sessions in primary and secondary schools, to help young people gain an understanding of marketing, design, product, sales and presentation skills.
- Sharing business acumen in deprived areas to raise aspirations.
- Engaging local people in learning opportunities.
- Supporting local charities with DIY and gardening projects, and much more.
2018 Gender Pay Gap Report
At TDX Group, we are committed to being open, transparent and accountable in our treatment of employees, and this extends to equality and diversity.
Gender pay reporting regulations give us the opportunity to share our record in this area and to reinforce our commitment to reducing the gaps reported.
The following report, data and information presented in this report are accurate and meet the requirements of the UK Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
Read 2018's report here