At TDX Group, we believe that any action we take should be for the benefit of all, and this belief runs through everything we do. Our corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme is a natural extension of this.
Our CSR programme is called Make the Connection with volunteering, partnerships with local charities, fundraising and payroll giving being just some of the ways we give back within the community in which we live and work.
Our CSR mission
Our Make the Connection mission is to be the most socially responsible organisation in the UK debt industry.'
We will do this by focusing on five key areas:
1. Fairness: making sure that consumers in financial arrears are treated fairly
Using data to make informed decisions about recovering money owed is at the heart of what TDX Group does. Our technology has been built to provide trusted data, gathered from multiple sources, and to deliver it as a single view of individuals and their financial circumstances. We believe this is the only way that businesses can treat their customers fairly and appropriately.
Because we work with industry regulators, we identify the most effective ways of recovering money which helps both the consumer pay off their debts if they can, and the creditor receive their money back in a suitable timeframe.
From stopping unnecessary calls and letters, to getting in touch with consumers in a more appropriate way (and even at the right time of day), to identifying those people who need additional support because they are in significant debt to multiple creditors – we help those in debt and creditors have a better relationship with each other.
2. Fundraising: raising money for a wide range of charities, especially those in the Nottingham and East Midlands area
Our colleagues raise money for a wide range of charities that are close to their hearts (we fundraise for around 40 charities each year), but with a particular focus on the Nottingham and local area.
The numbers speak for themselves: in 2013 we raised £34,000 for Nottinghamshire Hospice , which provides end-of-life care for people with a terminal illness; and in 2014 we raised £40,000 for The Ear Foundation , a pioneer in providing cochlear implants in the UK for children. For the last two years we raised over £85,000 for the Children’s Bereavement Centre , an independent charity that helps with the grieving process brought on by the death, terminal illness and divorce or separation of someone close.
The Children’s Bereavement Centre is now our permanent charity partner. Along with our partner charity, our colleagues chose Inspire Nottingham as our charity of the year for 2017. Inspire Nottingham provide services and support for people with learning disabilities so they can develop their potential for living full and independent lives. They will receive 15% of funds raised in 2017.
3. People: by respecting and supporting the needs of our colleagues
We respect everyone's need for flexibility at times, and understand that work-life balance is important. Over the years we have helped our colleagues with:
4. Environment: by respecting and tending to the needs of our natural environment with our time and services
Our environment is vitally important to our well-being, whether it is the environment in which we work, or live. At TDX Group we are committed to creating a healthy work environment. We also help our community by giving our time - see volunteering for more information.
Our offices include:
- Recycling and waste segregation.
- Energy efficient lighting with auto brightness and movement sensors.
- Timer controlled air conditioning with auto shut-off and out of hours shut-off.
- Energy Star qualified computers.
- Natural light.
- Break out rooms and outside space for relaxing and meetings.
- We have a cycle to work scheme and provide secure cycle racks, showers and lockers.
- On the first Monday of the month we provide free fruit in the office.
- As part of our wellbeing programme, every Friday we have free massages for colleagues
5. Volunteering: helping others with our time and expertise
Volunteering has been a part of the TDX Group ethos from the outset. We give every colleague two days' paid leave a year to volunteer and many colleagues have chosen to use this time at a charity close to their heart. We also take part in formal volunteering programmes.
For example, in partnership with national money charity Credit Action, some of our colleagues have participated in delivering financial education workshops to teenagers in local schools to educate them on managing money.
We also undertake activities such as:
- Financial education sessions in primary and secondary schools.
- Running ‘chocolate bar challenge’ sessions in primary and secondary schools, to help young people gain an understanding of marketing, design, product, sales and presentation skills.
- Sharing business acumen in deprived areas to raise aspirations.
- Engaging local people in learning opportunities, and much more.