Why our social value policy is important
Last updated July 2021
The development and implementation of TDX Group’s social value policy is the responsibility of our social value committee. We believe that a commitment to the principles of social value not only makes good business sense but also complements our core business strategy and corporate values.
Our social value policy is based on the following principles:
- To minimise the impact and maximise the benefits that our work has on the environment and on the people around us.
- To integrate our corporate and social responsibility considerations into all our business decisions.
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and code of practice.
To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our corporate and social responsibility performance. In developing our corporate and social responsibility policy we aim to deliver gradual but continuous improvements in our performance every year. As a result, our approach continues to evolve as we learn lessons along the way.
To help define our policy we have divided it into three key areas:
- Community: We recognise that we play an important role in our local communities and we aim to make the communities in which we operate better places. We will encourage and empower our colleagues to get involved with their local communities and use their skills and TDX Group’s resources to help create shared value.
- People: We want all TDX Group colleagues to enjoy their work and have opportunities to delight our customers. We will actively look for ways to promote and increase the diversity of our workforce and facilitate greater professional and personal opportunities for more people.
- Environmental Management: We want to manage the environmental impact of our business in a responsible and ethical manner. We will do this through identifying all significant environmental impacts and putting processes into place to prevent, reduce and mitigate them. This also makes good business sense.
Across these three areas, we are committed to delivering meaningful improvements through partnerships with other like-minded organisations and internal efforts driven by our colleagues and supply chain. These improvements will span initiatives that promote physical and mental wellbeing, improving social mobility, and help the lives of vulnerable individuals, with a particular focus on financial vulnerability.
Alongside these pillars, we will also drive to reduce our environmental impact through leveraging our supply chain, customers, and other stakeholders, to help deliver far greater positive impact than the business can do alone. All colleagues are required to comply with the policy requirements and share responsibility for implementing it.
TDX Group is committed to providing the required resource and prioritisation of activity to deliver our corporate and social responsibility activity. TDX Group’s team members delivering this work have been empowered to prioritise this activity, when needed.
A minimum level of resource has been committed:
- A named member of the TDX Group leadership team will sponsor this activity.
- Each member of the TDX Group team has two days a year of paid leave available for volunteering.
- A corporate and social responsibility committee will meet every two months to progress plans.
The publication of an annual social value report that describes the corporate and social responsibility activity and the social value delivered across the three areas described above.