Telecoms and media clients most frequently choose:
- Fully managed debt recovery.
- In-life customer rehabilitation - churn reduction.
- Debt sale – an end to end debt sale solution.
- Advisory services – consultancy projects delivered by industry experts to drive sustainable improvement programmes and strategy recommendations.
- HeliX - the UK's unique data exchange for consumers in arrears.
Key themes in the sector
- With margins continuing to be squeezed and the move to multi-play in order to increase Average Revenue Per User considered essential, the telco sector is in a period of transition. Consolidation is inevitable as the main players look to grow market share at the same time as realising operational efficiencies. As a result, those that can improve recoveries whilst minimising churn and managing back-office cost will be at a distinct advantage.
- Increased regulatory pressures currently being faced by the Financial Services sector are likely to filter to the telco and media sector. For example, many operators are implementing ‘split tariffs’ where a hardware element is on a separate credit agreement to the main contract. This allows for greater flexibility around upgrades and early termination but puts these Telcos firmly within the jurisdiction of the Financial Conduct Authority. As new regulation emerges, this could have a significant impact on the customer treatments that telcos deploy and the way in which they manage third party agencies and purchasers.
- Debt Sale continues to be a key part of the overall recovery strategy for most Telcos, and ongoing advancements in segmentation aligned to customer experience is set to provide significant benefit both in terms of net value created and improved customer treatment.
With over £2.3 billion of live and terminated global telecoms and media debt on our debt placement and management platform (PLATO), we have an unparalleled view of how customers behave when in arrears. We provide a fully managed recoveries service to three of the top five multi-play providers in the UK and have similar arrangements with leading players in both Spain and Australia. We have unparalleled experience across fixed line, broadband, mobile and TV understanding the differences in the way they perform and the treatments to which they are best suited.
We also provide telco and media businesses with quick to deploy tools and tactical advice which are designed to deliver increased liquidation and reduce operational cost.
If you would like to learn more about how we are helping the telco and media sector to drive additional value from their collections and recoveries process at a time of increased corporate focus and regulatory scrutiny, contact us.